The Cobble Hill Farmers Institute is delighted to help the various 4-H Clubs in our community by providing free meeting space and outdoor grounds annually for their many programs and activities.
The young people involved in 4-H activities have an opportunity to learn how to become productive, self-assured adults. They can make their community and country a better place. This ability is fostered through project and program work, experiences with their 4-H club members and leaders and their participation in district, regional and provincial programs.
The goal of 4-H is youth development. The objectives of 4-H clubs are knowledge, leadership, citizenship and personal development. 4-H is an organization dedicated to young people. The purpose of the 4-H program is to prepare girls and boys for their future as adults. 4-H stands for head, heart, hands and health. The 4-H pledge describes the significance of the four H's below:
My head to clearer thinking, My heart to greater loyalty, My hands to larger service, My health to better living, for my Club, my community, my country, and my world.
The philosophy of the 4-H program is explained by the 4-H motto:
“Learn to do by Doing”
The following age groups and general rules apply in all 4-H Sections and Classes:
- Junior: 9 to 12 years
- Seniors: 13 - 19 years
How to Enter
- Choose your category/categories below and fill out the registration form
- Send your 1MB or under photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have fun with your family and friends!
- All entries will be made in the form of photographs no greater than 1MB.
- More than 1 photo may be submitted of the same entry to show the item from different angles, but only 1 photo will be posted on the website.
- All photographs along with entry information must be emailed to email@example.com starting on Saturday, August 1st
- All entries must be received by the Fair before 5 p.m. Wednesday, August 25th, 2021, after which entries will be judged before posting on this website.
- All entries with winners will be posted on the Fair website on Saturday, August 28th, 2021.
- Identify each photo entered by using the subject line of your email to state the first name, last name, section and the class being entered. e.g: "Sally Smith, 4-H CB1 (Photograph), Junior, Age" or "Susan Smith, 4-H SES (Small Engines), Senior, Age" and so on.
Step 1: Register
Red stars indicate a required field.
Step 2: Email your Photos
Please keep photo size under 1MB to ensure all of the photos entered can be posted on the website.
Other 4-H Clubs in the community that usually participate in the Cobble Hill Fair include: 4-H Avian Club, 4-H Holstein Club, 4-H Beef Club and 4-H Sheep. 4-H also participates in the 4-H Safety Project, the 4-H Herdsmanship program and the 4-H Horse Club stages the Horse Show at the Cobble Hill Fair.